Blind Spots: Implicit Bias and Leadership (2 HRS)
How can leaders stop the affects of bias when they don’t even know the bias exists? In this exercise, participants are surprised at how quickly they label people and either put them in the favorable and unfavorable groups. In open discussions, participants learn about how the brain operates, how we send unconscious signals to others, and the dangers of the us vs. them dilemma. (2 hrs)
Learning Objectives: After this block of instruction, the participants will be able to:
- Compare /contrast implicit and explicit bias.
- Discuss how implicit biases are formed.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of implicit biases.
- Argue why experience can lead to more implicit biases.
- Assess how implicit bias can affect leadership.
- List 3 managerial methods that can mitigate the effects of implicit bias.
- Argue why these managerial methods will be effective in mitigating implicit bias.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Curriculum is empty