Fraud Awareness & Statement Analysis – When fraud examiners and financial crime investigators conduct interviews, either in person or over the telephone, there are so many important things said by the interviewee that often go unnoticed by the interviewer. In this interactive block of instruction, participants will learn how people are surprisingly comfortable with deception, as well as how an interviewee’s choice of words can provide important clues as to whether the interviewee is being completely truthful. (2 hrs)
Learning Objectives: After this block of instruction, the participants will be able to:
- Define statement analysis.
- Explain the 1/3 rule.
- Discuss the relation of verb tense changes in a statement.
- Identify inconsistencies in speech and written patterns.
- Evaluate statement inconsistencies in witness, victim, and suspect statements.
- Apply the “MORE PIES” concept in active listening.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes