Group Dynamics (2 HRS)
In this exercise, participants see how quickly they fall into group behavior without even understanding why they are doing it. Participants will learn how to leverage group dynamics in their leadership style in order to enhance team building identities and efforts. (2 hrs)
Learning Objectives: After this block of instruction, the participants will be able to:
- Define Group Dynamics.
- Compare/Contrast collective vs. individual interests.
- Define social identity.
- Explain how law enforcement officers have been indoctrinated into a social identity since they first started on the job.
- Argue the issues of the us vs. them dilemma when the us is the police and the them is the public.
- Explain how a leader’s emotions can affect group dynamics.
- List the 4 rules of leadership as espoused in the book, The New Psychology of Leadership: Influence, Power & Persuasion by Haslam, Reicher, & Platow.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Curriculum is empty