The HealthSouth Financial Statement Fraud: How Did It Go So Wrong (2 hrs)
– Learning from an FBI Agent who was involved in this investigation, participants will discuss the events that occurred as well as the mistakes that were made. Based on the audience, this class can be tailored for board members, executives, or internal audit groups.
Learning Objectives: After this block of instruction, the participants will be able to:
· Evaluate the board’s role in the fraud.
· Evaluate executive’s role in the fraud.
· Evaluate the internal audit function in relation to the fraud.
· Define indirect blindness.
· Explain how indirect blindness led to the fraud.
· Develop best practices to mitigate the psychological processes that enable ethical deviations in business decisions.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes